Biodata David J. Thouless Agama Biografi, Profil Lengkap
|Nama Lengkap||David James Thouless|
|Nama Panggilan||Tidak Diketahui|
|Fields||Condensed Matter Theory|
|Doctoral Advisor||Hans Bethe|
|Awards/Achievements||• In 1973, awarded with the Maxwell Medal & Prize.|
• In 1990, awarded with the Wolf Prize.
• In 1993, awarded with the Paul Dirac Medal of the Institute of Physics.
• In 2000, awarded with the Lars Onsager Prize.
• In 2016, awarded with the Nobel Prize in Physics.
|Ukuran Bentuk Badan Profil Lengkap|
|Tanggal Lahir||21 September 1934|
|Umur (di Tahun 2017)||83 Years|
|Tempat Lahir||Bearsden, Scotland|
|Alamat Tempat Tinggal||Bearsden, Scotland, UK|
|Pendidikan||Winchester College, England|
|Perguruan Tinggi / Universitas||Trinity Hall, Cambridge, UK|
Cornell University, New York, USA
|Kualifikasi Pendidikans||PhD from Cornwell University, New York|
Profil dan Biodata David J. Thouless
- Apakah David J. Thouless smoke: Tidak Diketahui
- Apakah David J. Thouless drink alcohol: Yes
- He received his PhD from Cornell University in the year 1950; working on nuclear matter under the guidance of Hans Bethe.
- Thouless was a Professor of Mathematical Physics at Birmingham University from 1965 to 1978, where he also worked on electron localization and the spin glass.
- He then became a professor of Physics at the University of Washington in Seattle in 1980.
- Thouless has contributed vastly to condensed matter theory, especially vortices in superfluids, the quantum Hall effect, and topological quantum numbers. His work further includes the superconductivity phenomena, properties of nuclear matter, and excited collective motions within nuclei.
- He is a Fellow of the Royal Society, American Physical Society, American Academy of Arts and Sciences, and a member of the U.S. National Academy of Sciences.
- In 2016, Thouless along with two other scientists was awarded the Nobel prize in Physics for revealing the secrets of exotic mattter. Notably, Thouless gets half the prize money, amounting to $4,65,000.
- Thouless is a professor emeritus at the University of Washington.