Biodata Girija Devi (Thumri Queen) Agama Meninggal Dunia, Suami, Keluarga, Biografi Profil Lengkap
|Nama Lengkap||Girija Devi|
|Nama Panggilan||Thumri Queen, Appa|
|Pekerjaan||Indian classical singer|
|Gharana (Music School)||Seniya and Banaras Gharanas|
|Guru/Ustaad/Mentor||Sarju Prasad Misra and Chand Mishra|
|Tanggal Lahir||8 May 1929|
|Tempat Lahir||Varanasi, United Provinces, British India|
|Meninggal Dunia||24 October 2017|
|Tempat Meninggal Dunia||BM Birla Hospital, Kolkata, India|
|Age (at the time of death)||88 Years|
|Penyebab Meninggal Dunia||Cardiac Arrest|
|Alamat Tempat Tinggal||Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|Perguruan Tinggi||Tidak Diketahui|
|Kualifikasi Pendidikan||Tidak Diketahui|
|Keluarga||Ayah - Ramdeo Rai (A Zamindar)|
Ibu - Name Tidak Diketahui
Saudara Laki laki - Tidak Diketahui
Saudara Perempuan - Tidak Diketahui
|Hobi||Watching Periodic Films, Listening to Music|
|Awards/Honours||1972: Padma Shri|
1977: Sangeet Natak Akademi Award
1989: Padma Bhushan
2010: Sangeet Natak Akademi Fellowship
2012: Maha Sangeet Samman Award and GiMA Awards 2012 (Lifetime Achievement)
2015: Banga Bibhushan
2016: Padma Vibhushan
|Hal hal Kesukaan dan Favorit|
|Makanan kesukaan||Paan (Betel)|
|Favourite Politician||Dr Radhakrishnan, Sarojini Naidu, Jawaharlal Nehru, Indira Gandhi|
|Penyanyi Favorit||Lata Mangeshkar|
|Hubungan Pasangan Pacar Suami|
|Suami / Pasangan||Name Tidak Diketahui (A Businessman)|
|Tanggal Menikah||Year 1946|
|Anak-anak||Putra - None|
Putri - 1
Profil dan Biodata Girija Devi
- Girija Devi was a renowned Indian Classical singer.
- She was born into a Zamindar family in Varanasi.
- Besides being a Zamindar, her father was also a musician.
- Initially, she was taught music by her father and later under the mentorship of Sarju Prasad Misra and Chand Misra.
- At the age of 5, she started learning ‘Khayal’ and ‘Tappa’ from vocalist and sarangi player Sarju Prasad Misra.
- At the age of 9, she also played a role in a movie- Yaad Rahe.
- In 1949, Girija Devi made her public debut on All India Radio Allahabad.
- She faced opposition in singing publicly, as it was believed that no upper caste woman should perform publicly.
- In 1951, she gave her 1st public concert in Bihar.
- Her singing style was highly appreciated and her audiences included Jawaharlal Nehru, Dr. Radhakrishnan, Sarojini Naidu, Indira Gandhi, etc.
- After her husband’s demise, she forayed into devotional singing, giving another dimension to her music.
- Girija Devi elevated the Purabi Ang Thumri style of singing.
- Her repertoire included the semi-classical genres- Kajri, Chaiti, and Holi.
- Girija Devi was very popular for her humour among her friends and relatives.
- Since her childhood, she had been fond of toys (especially dolls). Even in her old age, she had been gifted toys and dolls on her birthdays.
- On 24 October 2017, she died after a cardiac arrest. Condolences started pouring from every corner of the society.
- Here’s a detailed conversation with the Queen of Thumri: