Biodata Mehul Choksi Agama Kontroversi, Istri, Anak, Biografi, Keluarga, Profil Lengkap
|Nama Lengkap||Mehul Chinubhai Choksi|
|Ukuran Bentuk Badan Profil Lengkap|
|Tinggi Badan||dalam centimeter - 165 cm|
dalam meter - 1.65 m
dalam Feet Inci - 5’ 5”
|Berat Badan|| dalam Kilogram - 120 kg|
dalam Pound - 265 lbs
|Tanggal Lahir||Year, 1960|
|Umur (di Tahun 2017)||57 Years|
|Tempat Lahir||Tidak Diketahui|
|Alamat Tempat Tinggal||Mumbai|
|Perguruan Tinggi / Universitas||The University of Mumbai|
|Kualifikasi Pendidikan||College dropout|
|Keluarga||Ayah - Chinubhai Choksi (a diamond trader)|
Ibu - Name Tidak Diketahui
Saudara Laki laki - Tidak Diketahui
Saudara Perempuan - Tidak Diketahui
|Kontroversi||In February 2018, Choksi and Nirav Modi were summoned under the Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA) in the more than ₹11,400 crore alleged fraud in Punjab National Bank (PNB). On 16 January 2018, PNB said the accused firms came with a set of documents to its Mumbai branch and requested buyers' credit to pay overseas suppliers, and when the branch officials asked them to come with full amount as collateral so that the bank could issue letters of undertaking" (LoUs), they said that they had used such facilities in the past without any collateral. To this, the bank scanned through records and found no trace of any transactions. On further investigation, PNB found that bank's 2 junior employees had issued LOUs on the SWIFT interbank messaging system (used for international transactions) without entering the transactions on the bank's own system. Such transactions went on for years without detection.|
|Hubungan Pasangan Pacar Istri|
|Istri / Pasangan||Name Tidak Diketahui|
|Anak-anak||Putra - 1|
Daughters- Priyanka & 1 more
|Kekayaan bersih||₹125 billion (Revenue of Gitanjali Group; as in 2018)|
Profil dan Biodata Mehul Choksi
- Apakah Mehul Choksi merokok?: Tidak Diketahui
- Apakah Mehul Choksi minum alkohol?: Tidak Diketahui
- He is the maternal uncle of Nirav Modi, a billionaire diamond merchant, and the main culprit in the more than ₹11,400 crores alleged fraud in Punjab National Bank (PNB).
- In 1975, he joined his father’s business firm Gitanjali Gems.
- When he took over Gitanjali Gems, the company’s turnover was roughly ₹50 crore.
- Before taking over the reins of the company, during the daytime, he used to attend the college, and in the evening, learn the tricks of the trade from his father.
- In an interview, Choksi revealed that when he was a teenager, he wanted to “become the world’s largest luxury player in branded jewellery.”
- Soon, Choksi became successful in entering the international market and turned towards building a product-portfolio that resulted in the coming out of brands such as Nakshatra, Gili, D’damas, Asmi, Diya, Maya, Sangini, etc.
- After that, Choksi served as a Director of Gitanjali Exports Corporation Ltd., Gili India Limited, MMTC Gitanjali Private Limited and Modali Gems Pvt. Ltd.
- On 21 August 1998, he became a Director at Gitanjali Gems Ltd.
- He has also served as the Chairman of Gitanjali Jewellery Retail Pvt. Ltd., Gitanjali Group of Brightest Circle Jewellery Pvt. Limited, Gitanjali Gems Ltd. and Asmi Jewellery India Private Limited.
- In 2006, he acquired Samuel Jewelers Inc and the 111 high-end stores and managed to get direct access to the US retail market.
- In 2006, he also launched the company’s IPO.
- On 1 August 2007, Choksi became the Managing Director of Gitanjali Gems Ltd.
- Since 1 October 2016, Choksi has been Managing Director of Nakshatra World Limited (alternate name, Gitanjali Brands Limited).
- As of now, the company has more than 4,000 points of sale across the world.
- According to reports, his clothes come stitched from Hong Kong with his initials embroidered on them.
- Choksi is considered the largest integrated diamond jewelry retailer in India and is aiming to be the world’s biggest jewelry retailer, growing bigger than Tiffany.
- In February 2018, Mehul Choksi and Nirav Modi came under the scanner of various investigating agencies, following the Enforcement Directorate (ED) filing a case against them for conducting fraudulent transactions from the Punjab National Bank. However, Choksi’s company, Gitanjali Gems, said that their Managing Director had been falsely implicated.
- Choksi has reportedly been a partner to Nirav Modi’s 3 companies (‘Diamonds R Us’, ‘Stellar Diamonds’ and ‘Solar Exports’), which are being scanned by the investigating agencies.