| Nama Lengkap ||Shashi Tharoor|
| Pekerjaan ||Diplomat, Indian Politician, Writer|
|Party||Indian National Congress|
|Political Journey/Diplomatic Career||• Tharoor's Career in the United Nations started in 1978 as a staff member of the UN High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) in Geneva.|
• He was head of the UNHCR office in Singapore from 1981 until 1984.
• In 1989 he was appointed as the special assistant to the Under-Secretary-General for Special Political, the unit that later became the Peacekeeping Operations wing in New York.
• Tharoor was appointed the director of communications and special projects and executive assistant to the then Secretary-General Kofi Annan in 1996.
• He became Under-Secretary-General for Communications and Public Information, and as Head of the Department of Public Information (UNDPI) in 2001.
• In 2006, the Government of India nominated Shashi Tharoor for the post of UN Secretary-General. Tharoor finished second, behind Ban Ki-moon.
• On 9 February 2007, Tharoor resigned from the post of UN Under-Secretary-General and left the United Nations on 1 April 2007.
• In 2009 Parliamentary Elections, Tharoor was the MP candidate for Congress Party from Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala. Tharoor won the election by the margin of about 100,000.
• Under the Govt. of Manmohan Singh, he was sworn in as Minister of State for External, in charge of Africa, Latin America, and the Gulf on 28 May 2009.
• In May 2014 Tharoor won his re-election from Thiruvananthapuram, defeating O. Rajagopal of the Bharatiya Janata Party by a margin of around 15,000 votes, and got the membership of the 15th Lok Sabha, sitting in Opposition. He was named Chairman of the Parliamentary Standing Committee on External .
• Shashi Tharoor was removed from the post of Congress spokesperson on 13 October 2014 after he praised his party's opponent, Narendra Modi.
|Awards/Nominations||• Rajika Kripalani Young Journalist Award for the Best Indian Journalist under 30 in 1976.|
• Federation of Indian Publishers' Hindustan Times Literary Award for the Best Book of the Year for The Great Indian Novel in 1990.
• His book The Great Indian Novel carried off the Commonwealth Writers' Prize for the Best Book of the Year in the Eurasian Region in 1991.
• Excelsior Award for Excellence in the literature by the Association of Indians in America in 1998.
• Global Leader of Tomorrow by the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland in 1998.
Awards won by Tharoor in early 21st Century
• The Honorary degree of Doctor of Letters in International from the University of Puget Sound in 2000.
• Prestigious Pravasi Bharatiya Samman, India's highest honor for non-resident Indians in 2004.
• Doctorate Honoris Causa by the University of Bucharest, Romania in 2008.
• Zakir Hussain Memorial "Pride of India" Award in 2009.
• GQ's Inspiration of the Year Award at its Man of the Year Awards in 2009.
• Sarva Deshiya Prathibha award by the Pazhassiraja Charitable Trust, Kozhikode in 2010.
• "New Age Politician of the Year" Award by NDTV at its Indian of the Year awards in 2010.
• Fifth IILM Distinguished Global Thinker Award in New Delhi in 2010.
• Digital person of the year at the first ever Indian Digital Media Awards (IDMA) for popularizing the digital medium in India in 2010.
• First Sree Narayan Guru Global Secular and Peace Award at Thiruvananthapuram in 2013.
• PETA's "Person of the Year" in 2013.
| Ukuran Bentuk Badan Profil Lengkap|
| Tinggi Badan ||dalam centimeter - 175 cm|
dalam meter - 1.75 m
dalam Feet Inci - 5’ 9”
| Berat Badan || dalam Kilogram - 75 kg|
dalam Pound - 165 lbs
| Warna Mata ||Hazel Green|
| Warna Rambut ||Salt & Pepper|
|Tanggal Lahir||9 March 1956|
|Umur (di Tahun 2018)||62 Years|
|Tempat Lahir||London, England|
|Alamat Tempat Tinggal||Kerala, India|
|Pendidikan||Montfort School, Yercaud, Tamil Nadu |
Campion School, Mumbai
|Perguruan Tinggi||St Xavier's College Calcutta, |
St Stephen's College, Delhi,
Tufts University, USA
|Kualifikasi Pendidikan||B.A in History |
|Keluarga||Ayah - Chandran Tharoor|
Ibu - Lily Tharoor
Saudara Laki laki - N/A
Saudara Perempuan - Smita Tharoor,
|Kontroversi||• In September 2009, Shashi Tharoor was at the center of a controversy for staying at a five-star hotel for over three months at a time when the Government was talking about austerity.|
• Again in 2009, Tharoor commented on Twitter that he would travel “cattle class” in solidarity with all our “holy cows.” He was alleged to equate the travelling public to cattle.
• Once on the occasion of Gandhi Jayanti, he said people should work rather than staying at home taking a holiday, thereby paying real homage to Mahatma Gandhi.
• In January 2010, Tharoor disdained Nehru for his vision on Indian foreign policy by the Indian media. The critique angered his party, the Indian National Congress. After the controversy, he held a press conference describing the report as "inaccurate" and "tendentious".
• In February 2010, he accompanied then Indian PM Manmohan Singh to Saudi Arabia where he said "We feel that Saudi Arabia has a long and close relationship with Pakistan, that makes Saudi Arabia, even more, a valuable interlocutor for us. When we tell them about our experience, Saudi Arabia listens as somebody who is not in any way an enemy of Pakistan, but a friend of Pakistan and, therefore, will listen with sympathy and concern to a matter of this nature".
• In 2014, Tharoor backed up Swachh Bharat Abhiyan, a social campaign initiated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi. Following this, the Kerala Pradesh Congress Committee lodged a complaint against him to the Congress high command for his pro-Modi stance. Following this, Tharoor was dropped as the official spokesperson of the party.
• In 2016, while speaking at JNU on nationalism, Tharoor compared Kanhaiya, a student charged with sedition, with Bhagat Singh, an Indian independence fighter. This comparison generated a great controversy, even the party distanced itself from Tharoor's views.
• In May 2017, the Delhi police added Shashi Tharoor's name in the suspicious accuse in the death of his wife Sunanda Pushkar.
|Hubungan Pasangan Pacar Istri|
|Istri / Pasangan||Tilottama Mukherji|
|Anak-anak||Putra - Ishaan, Kanishk|
Putri - N/A
|Kekayaan bersih||23 Crore INR|