Biodata Subedar Taanaji Malusare Agama Meninggal Dunia, Biografi, Profil Lengkap
|Nama Lengkap||Taanaji Malusare|
|Pekerjaan||A Military Leader (Maratha Empire)|
|Tanggal Lahir||Tidak Diketahui (Early 17th Century)|
|Tempat Lahir||Umrathe, Mahad, Raigad, Maharashtra, India|
|Meninggal Dunia||Year 1670|
|Tempat Meninggal Dunia||Sinhagad, Pune, India|
|Penyebab Meninggal Dunia||After being gravely wounded fighting on the battlefield|
|Age (at the time of death)||Tidak Diketahui|
|Alamat Tempat Tinggal||Umrathe, Mahad, Raigad, Maharashtra, India|
|Hobi||Horse Riding, Fencing|
|Hal hal Kesukaan dan Favorit|
|Hubungan Pasangan Pacar Istri|
|Status Pernikahan||Menikah (at the time of death)|
|Istri / Pasangan||Tidak Diketahui|
|Anak-anak||Sons- 1 (may be more)|
Putri - Tidak Diketahui
Profil dan Biodata Taanaji Malusare
- Taanaji was a legendary warrior in the Maratha Empire.
- He hailed from Malusare clan and fought several battles alongside Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj.
- Taanaji is most famously known for his valour in the Battle of Sinhagad in 1670 A.D.
- In 1665, as per the Treaty of Purandar, Shivaji had to give up the fort of Kondana (located near Pune) to the Mughals. The fort was considered almost impenetrable as it was one of the most heavily fortified and strategically placed forts. The fort was commanded by Udaybhan Rathod, a true Rajput warrior, appointed by Mughal Army chief Jai Singh I.
- The idea of Mughal’s control over the fort was deeply enraging to Shivaji’s mother, Rajmata Jijabai. She advised Shivaji to reconquer the fort.
- Shivaji entrusted Taanaji Malusarea and summoned him while he was busy making preparations for his son’s wedding.
- Upon reaching Kondana, he tried to scale the fort from the western side with his detachment of 300 troops.
- According to one story, while scaling the fort, he took the help of a Bengal Monitor Lizard (Ghorpad) named “Yashwanti” to which they tied a rope and sent crawling up top to the fort. They finally succeeded scaling the steep hill fortress, after two failed attempts.
- Once inside the fort and after opening the “Kalyan Darwaza,” Taanaji and his men attacked the army holding down the fort. He was assisted in the event by another detachment of 500 troops headed by his younger brother, Suryaji.
- As the fort was commanded by Udaybhan Rathod, a fierce combat took place between the army of Udaybhan and the forces of Taanaji.
- While fighting like a brave lion, Taanaji’s shield was broken. However, he tied his upper garment over his defending hand and continued fighting.
- Eventually, the fort was conquered by the troops of Taanaji, but in the process, Taanaji Malusare gave up his life fighting on the battlefield.
- When Shivaji heard the demise of Taanaji, he expressed in grief by uttering- “Gad ala, pan sinha gela” (The fort has come, but the lion is gone).
- In July 2017, Bollywood Actor Ajay Devgn took to Twitter to announce that he will feature in a biopic on Subedar Taanaji Malusare.