Biodata Manmohan Singh Agama Istri, Biografi Profil Lengkap
|Nama Lengkap||Manmohan Singh|
|Party||Indian National Congress|
|Political Journey||• He served as a Professor of International Trade at Delhi School of Economics from 1969-71.|
• Owing to his talent as an Economist, he was appointed as an advisor to the Ministry of Foreign Trade in 1970.
• Singh was elected the Chief Economic Adviser in Ministry of Finance in 1972. He was on the post till 1976.
• He served as the Secretary in Finance Ministry from 1977 to 1980.
• Singh was appointed as Governor of Reserve Bank of India in 1982 and he served at the post till 1985.
• He then became the Deputy Chairman of Planning Commission of India in 1985, a post he held until 1987.
• From 1987 to 1990, Singh was the Secretary General of the South Commission, an independent policy think tank headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland.
• Singh was appointed as the advisor to Prime Minister of India on Economic in 1990.
• He then became the Chairman of the University Grants Commission in March 1991.
• P.V. Narasimha Rao, former Prime Minister of India, appointed Singh as the Finance Minister of India in June 1991. Singh was on the post until May 1996.
• In 1998, Indian National Congress named him the Leader of Opposition in Rajyasabha, the upper house of Parliament. Singh was in the chair until 2004.
• He was then elected as 13th Prime Minister of India in May 2004 and served the nation for two consecutive terms until May 2014.
|Biggest Rival||Narendra Modi|
|Ukuran Bentuk Badan Profil Lengkap|
|Tinggi Badan||dalam centimeter - 168 cm|
dalam meter - 1.68 m
dalam Feet Inci - 5’ 6”
|Weight (approx,)|| dalam Kilogram - 73 kg|
dalam Pound - 161 lbs
|Warna Rambut||Salt & Pepper|
|Tanggal Lahir||26 September 1932|
|Umur (di Tahun 2017)||85 Years|
|Tempat Lahir||Gah, Punjab, British India (Now Punjab, Pakistan)|
|Alamat Tempat Tinggal||Amritsar, Punjab, India|
|College/ University||The Hindu College, Amritsar|
Panjab University, Chandigarh
University of Cambridge, Cambridge, England
Oxford University, Oxford, England
|Kualifikasi Pendidikans||B.A. (Hons) in Economics|
M.A. in Economics
The Economic Tripos
Doctorate in Philosophy
|Debut||After completing his D.Phil, Singh returned to India in 1966 and began working with United Nations Conference on Trade and Development.|
|Keluarga||Ayah - Gurmukh Singh|
Ibu - Amrit Kaur
Brothers- Daljit Singh Kohli, Surinder Singh Kohli
Sisters- Nirman Kaur, Gobind Kaur, Pritam Kaur, Gyan Kaur
|Alamat Tempat Tinggal||#3989, Nandan Nagar, Village Sarumotoria, Guwahati|
|Hubungan Pasangan Pacar Istri|
|Wife||Gursharan Kaur (m.1958)|
|Anak-anak||Putra - None|
Daughters- Amrit Singh (Human Rights Lawyer)
Daman Singh (Writer)
Upinder Singh (Historian)
|Salary (as PM)||INR 50,000/month (basic)|
|Kekayaan bersih||INR 11.6 Crore (as in 2013)|
Profil dan Biodata Manmohan Singh
- Apakah Manmohan Singh merokok?: No
- Apakah Manmohan Singh minum alkohol?: No
- Singh attended an Urdu school and never learned Hindi in his entire life.
- The University of Cambridge conferred on him ‘The Adam Smith Prize’ in 1956 for his best performance in the Part IIB Economics Tripos Examinations.
- In 1987, the then President of India bestowed Singh with Padma Vibhushan, India’s second-highest civilian award.
- He was directly elected as the finance minister of India by the then Prime Minister P.V. Narasimha Rao with no political experience under his belt. He played quite a vital role as the Finance Minister by pushing the nation towards a Market Economy after it suffered an economic crisis in 1991. It was the time when India could afford just 2 weeks of import because the foreign reserves were just $1 Billion. For that, he freed Indian Economy from Licence Raj, a source of slow economic growth and corruption in India.
- He has been representing Assam in the Rajyasabha, the upper house of Parliament since 1991, which goes to a record five consecutive terms.
- Asiamoney and Euromoney conferred on him the Finance Minister of Year Award in 1993.
- Singh was the first Prime Minister of India since Pandit Jawahar Lal Nehru to be re-elected after a full five-year term. He also became the first Sikh Prime Minister of India in May 2004.
- India, in 2007, under the Prime Ministership of Singh achieved its highest Gross Domestic Product (GDP) growth rate of 9% and became the second fastest growing major economy in the world.
- Sales Tax was replaced by the Value Added Tax (VAT) in 2005 by the Manmohan Singh government.
- Anti-reservation protests in India began after his government in 2006 proposed to reserve 27% of the total seats in Indian Institute of Technology (IITs), Indian Institute of Management (IIMs), and other central institutions for ‘Other Backward Classes.’
- After the 2008 Mumbai Terror Attacks, the need for a central agency to combat terrorism was realised. Singh’s government then created National Investigation Agency (NIA) in 2009.
- Forbes ranked him 18 on the list of the world’s most powerful people in 2010. Magazine also described him as being “Universally praised as India’s Prime Minister since Nehru.”
- His public image was tarnished because of several corruption allegations since the start of his second term as the Prime Minister of India in 2009. The opposition demanded his resignation over his alleged indecisiveness in Indian Coal allocation scam and 2G Spectrum scam.
- In 2016, Singh took up as the Jawaharlal Nehru Chair at Panjab University, Chandigarh.